Each spring we perform tasks that are overlooked during our daily and weekly cleaning rituals. The tasks may seem tedious and time consuming, but they are necessary for the maintenance of our homes.
Spring is also a good time to 'clean your financial house'. You can start by reviewing your utility and telephone statements.
- Review the billing structure for your utilities. Your electricity may be more expensive during peak times, so avoid using the dishwasher and doing laundry during this time.
- If your cell plan seems high you should contact your provider and request a better plan, only keeping the features you utilize.
- If you no longer use your landline consider cancelling the service.
- Track your TV habits - you may be paying for channels you don't view.
- If you see a promotional offer from another service provider ask your current provider to match the offer.
If you are prepared to 'clean a little deeper' start by analyzing your bank statements.
- If your bank fees appear high either change your monthly package, or plan your purchases so you can reduce the number of bank transactions in a month.
- Reassess your spending habits. Small purchases such as a daily coffee can add up.
Spring cleaning is good for our house and good for our finances!